Dr. Harish Bhende
- Fellowship in Joint Replacement Surgery-USA (1997-1998)
- Fellowship of ASIF (AO)-Switzerland & Germany-1992
- D.N.B (Ortho.)-1989
- D.Orth- 1988
- Primary and Revision Joint Replacement
- Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement
Appointments / OPD Timings
|Thursday||:||02:00 PM - 04:00 PM|
Dr. Bhende is one of the leading joint replacement surgeons in India with an immense experience exclusively in the field of Arthroplasty spanning over 20 years. He was trained in Joint Replacement under Dr. C.S Ranawat in USA and has worked in USA, UK, Switzerland and Germany.
He has till date performed over 10,000 Knee Replacement surgeries and over 8,000 hip replacement surgeries.
Professional Experience (USA, UK, GERMANY).
- Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, USA, 01.08.1997 to 31.07.1998. Clinical Fellow (Adult Joint Reconstruction Surgery).
- Burgerspitaal Solothum, Switzerland and Medinische Hochschule, Hannover, Germany, July 1992 to October 1992. A.O.Clinical Fellow in Trauma Surgery.
- Bangor Hospital (Ysbyty Gwynedd), U.K 25.2.1997 to 25.04.1997. Staff Surgeon (Orthopaedics).
- Ormskirk General Hospital, Ormskirk, UK 06.02.1996 to 06.02.1997. Registrar / Sr.S.H.O (Orthopaedics).
- Morriston General Hospital, Swansea, U.K., 01.08.1995 to 05.02.1996. Registrar / Sr.S.H.O (Orthopaedics).
- West Wales General Hospital, Carmathen, U.K. 01.08.1994 to 31.07.1995. Registrar/Sr.S.H.O (Orthopaedics).
- Morriston General Hospital, Swansea, U.K. 01.08.1993 to 31.07.1994. Registrar / Sr.S.H.O (Orthopaedics).
Professional Experience in India (Consulting Orthopaedic Surgeon 1998 till date).
- Laud Clinic-180, Hindu Colony, Dadar, Mumbai-14.
- Shushrusha Citizens Co-op.Hospital Ltd., Mumbai.
- Breach Candy Hospital, Mumbai.
- Hinduja Healthcare, Khar, Mumbai.
Visiting Lecturer -College of Physicians & Surgeons, Mumbai.
Lecturer Orthopaedics)-Lokmanya Tilak Medical College & Municipal Hospital, Mumbai. June 1990 to July 1993.
Lecturer (Orthopaedics) – R.N.Cooper Hospital & Seth G.S.Medical College, Mumbai. Jan.190 to May 1990.
Casualty Medical Officer (Accident & Emergency) King Edward Memorial Hospital, Mumbai – 01.8.89-31.12.1989.
Examiner for National board of examination, DNB (Orthopaedics) ,Pune 2015.
- Clinical measurement of varus-valgus deformity after supracondylar fracture of the humerus. The Journal of bone and joint surgery. Bhende, H. (1994). British volume. 76. 329-30.
- Total condylar knee replacement: A 20-year followup study. Clinical orthopaedics and related research. Rodriguez, Jose A & Bhende, H Ranawat, C. (2001). 388. 10-7. 10.1097/00003086-200107000-00004.
- Correction of limb-length inequality during total hip arthroplasty. The Journal of arthroplasty. Ranawat, Chitranjan & Rao, Rajesh & Rodriguez, Jose & Bhende, Harish. (2001). 16. 715-20. 10.1054/arth.2001.24442.
- Knee Arthroplasty in Vascular Malfunction”-Case presentation & discussion – Indian Journal of Orthopaedics – Bhende HS et al.
- Total knee arthroplasty in vascular malformation. Indian Journal of Orthopaedics. Bhende, Harish & Laud, Nanadkishore & Deore, Sandeep & Shashidhar, V. (2015). 49. 569. 10.4103/0019-5413.164049.
- The INDUS knee prosthesis – Prospective multicentric trial of a posteriorly stabilized high-flex design: 2 years follow-up. Indian journal of orthopaedics. Sancheti, Kantilal : Laud, Nandu ; Bhende, Harish ; Reddy, Gurava ; Pramod, Neema ; Mani, Joseph. (2009). 43. 367-74. 10.4103/0019-5413.55976.
- “Revision Total Hip arthroplasty with Bicontact Hip System- Indian Experience”- NS Laud , Harish Bhende :, Chapter in “The Bicontact Hip Arthroplasty System- 1987-2007” Ed Siegfried Weller et al, Thieme Verlag, Stutgard, 2008.
- “Test of Time : All Poly Tibia – Relevance Today” – NS Laud & Harish Bhende : Chapter in “Total Knee Replacement : Trends” Ed SKS Marya, Elsevier Publications 2009.
- “Soft Tissue Balancing in Total Knee Arthroplasty” -Harish Bhende; Chapter 344.4, Textbook of Orthopaedic and Trauma, Ed. G S Kulkarni, Shushrut Babhulkar, Jaypee Brothers Publications, 2016.
- Coxofemoral Bypass' Chapter-12 -: Primary Prosthetic Replacement for Comminuted Intertrochanteric Fractures in the Elderly. Laud, NS & Bhende, Harish. (2016). 10.5005/jp/books/12809_13.
- “Correction of Fixed Flexion Deformity in Total Knee arthroplasty” -Harish Bhende, Alex M, P Pawar, Chapter in “Complex Primary Total knee Arthroplasty” – Ed SKS Marys, Thiem medical publishers, India, 2017.
- “Constraints in Total Knee Replacement” – Harish Bhende, Alex M, Mandar Shah, Chapter in “Complex Primary Total knee Arthroplasty” – Ed SKS Marys, Thiem medical publishers ,India, 2017.
- 24-26 May, 2011 Ganga Operative Arthroplasty Course ( Demo of Severe Varus Knee with Medial Tibial Reconstruction ), Panel Discussion on Difficult Knee cases. Speaker “Limb Length Discrepancy in THR”.
- 23-26 May 2013 Ganga Operative Arthroplasty Course. ( Demo of Severe Valgus knee with PS TKR, Dysplastic Hip grade 3 migration THR with Acetabular Reconstruction).
- 9-12 July 2015 Ganga Operative Arthroplasty Course ( Demo of Valgus Knee TKR and Demo of Severe Protrusio hip in RA Patient for THR ), Speaker –“Stage of trial reduction – What to look for ?”.
- 28-30 July, 2017 Ganga Operative Arthroplasty Corse ( Demo of Primary Non-Cemented THR and Revision TKR using Sleeves and RP-TC3).
- 26-28 July, 2019 Ganga Operative Arthroplasty Course ( Demo of TKR in Complex Primary Knee severe Valgus and Demo of THR in Protrusio Hip with Non-Cemented cup and Cemented Stem).
- President –Indian Arthroplasty Association (IAA), 2014-15.
- Vice President, Bombay Orthopaedic Society, 2016 - 17.
- Founder Member–Indian Society of Hip & Knee Surgeons (ISHKS).
- Indian Orthopaedic Association (Life Member).
- Maharashtra State Orthopaedic Association (Life Member).
- Bombay Orthopaedic Society (Life Member).
Full Registration with Indian Medical Council (Maharashtra State).
Full Registration with G.M.C (General Medical Council) of United Kingdom.